ETL stands for Extract, Transform and Load. and it is a data integration process useful for fetching data from one database and placing it into another database. This process helps companies in analyzing their business data for making critical business decisions. It provides a method of moving data from various sources into a data warehouse. Furthermore, it permits sample data comparison between the source and target systems. It helps in migrating the data into a data warehouse and improves productivity. It is because it is codified and can be reused without a need for technical skills. Here is a description of the ETL process.
- The extract is the process of fetching data from the database.
- Transform refers to converting the data to the required form.
- Load is the process of writing the data into the target database.
Benefits of Using ETL Tools
ETL Tools are user-friendly and they themselves specify data sources and the rules for extracting and processing data. These tools implement the process and load that data and eliminate the need o coding in a traditional programming sense. In addition, as these tools work on GUI (Graphical User Interface), they provide you with a visual flow of the system’s logic. With Graphic Interface, you can specify rules using a drag-and-drop interface to show the flow of data in a process.
These tools come with various built-in error-handling functionality useful for data engineers in developing a resilient and well-instrumented system. Furthermore, ETL tools offer better utility for moving large volumes of data and transferring them in batches. Thus, they are good for complex data management solutions. To further know about it, one can visit ETL Testing Training Institute in Delhi.
Given below are some of the benefits of using ETL Tools.
- Data Profiling and Cleansing- Tools come with a lot of cleansing functions useful for complex transformation needs. In addition, you can buy an additional module on top of the ETL solution if you have a complex transformation requirement.
- Enhanced Business Intelligence- They simplify the process of extracting, transforming, and loading and improve data access. Furthermore, it helps an organization in making better and improves strategic and operational decisions that are based on data-driven facts.
- High Return on Investment- Using these tools results in saving costs and generating higher revenue. They are capable of handling very large amounts of data that don’t necessarily have to be stored in data warehouses. Moreover, they make the processes transparent and improve productivity.
- Optimum Performance- ETL tools make the process of building a high-quality data warehousing system simple. Furthermore, they offer various latest technologies like Cluster Awareness, Massively Parallel Processing, and Symmetric that help in enhancing performance.
Best ETL Tools in 2022
There are four types of ETL tools available which are Enterprise Software, Open-Source, Cloud-Based, and Custom. Enterprise Software ETL tools are developed and supported by commercial organizations and they are very robust and mature. Open source ETL tools are free and they offer GUIs for designing data-sharing processes and monitoring the flow of information. Furthermore, cloud-based ETL tools ensure that they scale the computing resources to meet the data processing demands. Custom ETL tools are highly flexible and are useful in building a customized solution to the organization’s priorities and workflows. Many institutes provide ETL Testing Training in Noida and one can enroll in them to learn these tools. Given below are some of the best ETL tools in 2022.
- IBM DataStage
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Informatica PowerCenter
- SAS Data Management
- Talend Open Studio
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Data do
- AWS Glue
- Azure Data Factory
- Google Cloud Dataflow