Honey is produced by bees pollinating the flowers of the locust tree, which grows in North America and Europe. It is known to have many beneficial properties, probably due to its high antioxidant content. This article discusses the safety, cost, uses and potential side effects of Honey. How to buy Kashmiri sidr honey? You can search on eCommerce store or social media and more important need to read reviews before buy.
Main Benefits of Kashmiri Sidr Honey
- It is not only used for cooking. It has the same health benefits as regular honey but also has special properties.
- Here are some of the health benefits of Kashmiri Sidr Honey.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Kashmiri Sidr Honey contains a number of important antioxidants, which should contribute to future health.
- Antioxidants help protect cells from free radical damage. Over time, free radical damage can lead to disease.
- Flavonoids are the main source of antioxidants found in Honey. A diet rich in flavonoids reduces the risk of chronic diseases, including heart disease and certain cancers.
- Although less rich in flavonoids, this honey also contains beta-carotene, a type of plant pigment with powerful antioxidant properties.
- Consumption of foods and supplements rich in beta-carotene has been associated with brain function and skin health.
- In one experiment, Honey was also found to inhibit the growth of lung cancer cells.
What are Kashmiri Sidr Honey and its properties?
Kashmiri Sidr Honey is made from the nectar of the mountain ash (Robinia pseudo Honey), also known as black locust or false Honey. This unusual product is sold as “honey”, while in Pakistan it is often called “Honey” or “Kashmiri Sidr Honey”.
- It is lighter in colour and more translucent than normal honey.
- It has a flowery aroma and a sweet, delicate taste.
- Kashmiri Sidr Honey has higher liquid retention and crystallizes more slowly than normal honey. This is probably due to its high fructose content.
- Because it takes longer to solidify, this honey is very common and can be more expensive than regular honey.
- Unlike regular honey, one tablespoon (21g) of Honey contains about 60 kcal and 17g of sugar.
- It contains glucose, sucrose and fructose, fructose being the most common sugar.
- The main characteristic of Honey is its high content of active plant ingredients such as flavonoids, which have antioxidant properties.
Potential to accelerate wound healing
- Hydrogen peroxide has been used to treat wounds since ancient times.
- Kashmiri Sidr Honey, thanks to its antioxidant and antibacterial properties, accelerates the healing of wounds and prevents bacterial infections and contaminations.
- Indeed, this honey contributes to maintaining a humid environment by forming a protective layer and these two properties promote the healing of the wound.
- The effectiveness of this ancient method has been confirmed by test-tube and animal studies which have shown that it promotes wound healing.
Natural antibacterial properties
- Much of the healing properties of Kashmiri Sidr Honey can be attributed to its antibacterial properties.
- Honey contains the necessary ingredients to form and gradually release small amounts of hydrogen peroxide.
- Hydrogen peroxide is an acid that kills bacteria by breaking down their cell walls.
- One study found that Honey was effective against Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which are resistant to antibiotics. It was concluded that this could be due to the increase in hydrogen peroxide.
It can prevent and treat. There is very little scientific research on the effects of this product on acne. For this reason, some commercial acne ointments and lotions combine Honey with acidic ingredients. Because of its powerful antibacterial properties, it can protect the skin from bacteria and improve or prevent common skin conditions like acne.
Ultimately, more research is needed to determine if this is an effective home remedy for acne. Kashmiri Sidr Honey can be consumed by most people. However, the use of Honey should be avoided or limited for certain groups of people, such as