The QuickBooks multi-user mode is built to allow multiple users to access the company file at once. It is important that the multi-user network is correctly set up on the system, or else it could lead to technical faults in the application, such as – QuickBooks Error 6189 816. This issue is triggered due to several reasons, such as the presence of a damaged company file. A message accompanies the text saying, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” Have a quick read of the blog below to get a better insight.
What is the best way to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6189 816 permanently? If you are searching for the answer to this question, connect with our pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042 to receive the right advice.
Factors Provoking QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
- If a corrupted file was used to install QuickBooks on the device.
- If the QB component file (Transaction Log and Network Data) is missing.
- Invasion of a virus on the system leading to damage in the Windows Registry.
- Multiple users try to access the company file, but in the single-user mode.
- If the folder in which QB files are stored, do not have adequate permission to access or modify the files.
You can also read — QuickBooks error 6147
Practical Solutions for QuickBooks Error Message 6189 816
Continue to the below section to find out the ways in which error 6189 816 can be removed –
Method 1 – Download QB Tool Hub and use the QB Database Server Manager
- Quit all active QuickBooks screens and go to the official website of Intuit.
- Look for the QB Tool Hub and download its latest available version.
- Double-tap on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen wizard. This will begin the installation process.
- Once the Tool Hub is installed, open it on your screen.
- Click on the Network Issues button and choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If you are unable to see your company file, press the Browse icon and then hit Start Scan. Or else, directly hit the Start Scan button.
- Wait for the Server Manager to fix the issues in your device and click on Close.
- Finally, access QB on your systems to verify if the issue is fixed.
You can also read — Learn QuickBooks with ease
Method 2 – Move your Company File from your Local Drive
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your screen along with the data file that you wish to move.
- Hold the F2 key on your keyboard to view the Product Information window.
- Here, you need to look for the location of your company file. Copy it also.
- Go to the Start menu, paste the location of the file and hit the Enter key. The data file folder will be displayed.
- Right-click on the file and select Copy.
- Move to your desktop screen, right-click and Paste.
- Open QuickBooks and access your company file from the new location, i.e. Desktop.
We shall now conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error 6189 816, which covers valuable information about the factors that trigger the issue, and the solutions that fix the same. If you need someone by your side to provide you with a step-by-step guide for the steps above, dial 1-855-856-0042 to consult our experts.