PCV file format is a backup file generated by Mozbackup tool which is a free application and restores profiles of Thunderbird, Sea Monkey, and Netscape etc. This file format contains emails, contacts, bookmarks, and other profile data. There might be a situation when the users want to import PCV file to Outlook in order to view the mailboxes. However, the direct import of PCV files into Outlook is not possible as the latter does not support PCV file format.
However, the PCV files can be extracted into MBOX and then converted into PST file format which can be imported into Outlook email application.
Firstly, you need to extract PCV files such that MBOX files can be created which is needed for the conversion.
How to Import PCV File to Outlook?
There are 3 phases here:
The following are the steps in order to extract PCV files into MBOX file format:
- Right-click on the PCV file and select ‘Properties’.
- Replace the extension ‘.pcv’ with .zip and click on the ‘OK’ button.
- A dialogue box would appear where you can click on the ‘Yes’ button.
- The PCV file is now an easily extractable file.
- Extract the PCV files using WinRar, WinZip or the likewise tools.
- Here, you will find multiple files including emails, contacts, and many more. Here, the files with no extension are MBOX files including emails and attachments. Such MBOX files can now get converted into PST format using the automated tool.
The following are the steps to import MBOX files into PST using the utility to convert MBOX to PST tool:
- Install and Launch the ‘MBOX to PST Converter’ Tool.
- Click on ‘Add File’ to add single or multiple MBOX files into the software.
- Select an email application as ‘MBOX files’, choose the option as ‘Select file(s)/folder from file system’ and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Click on ‘…’ button to browse and select the MBOX files.
- 5. Check ‘folder mode’ and browse the extracted PCV files with contains MBOX files.
- Click on ‘Process’ button to begin the conversion of MBOX files into PST format.
- The software will display all the email files stored in the folder and its sub-directories.
- Click on ‘Export’ button located on top of the software window.
- Alternatively, you may check the selected emails, right-click to ‘Export’ for selected data only.
- You can choose ‘Export all folders’, choose ‘PST’ as an option to export, and select ‘PST Split’ to split the PST files after a certain size of MB. You can even change the destination location by clicking on ‘Change’ button.
- You can alternatively choose ‘Export selected folders’ if you want to convert the selected folders only. Lastly, you can click on ‘Export’ button to start the export process.
Once, the MBOX files have been converted into PST format. Then, they can be imported into Outlook using Outlook Import/Export Wizard.
The following are the steps to import PST files into Outlook email application:
- Open the Outlook email application.
- Go to ‘File’ tab, select ‘Open & Export’ and then click on ‘Import/Export’.
- In the ‘Import and Export Wizard’, choose an action as ‘Import from another program or file’ and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select the file type to import from as ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Browse for the PST file to be imported and then click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select the folder to import from as ‘Outlook Data File’, choose the option as ‘Import items into the same folder in’ and from the drop-down arrow, choose the Outlook email id and click on ‘Finish’ button.
- All the PST files are now imported into Outlook account. You can open and check them.
In the above blog, a brief on PCV file format and the best solution to convert PCV files into PST format have been discussed. There is no single direct manual method to import PCV file to Outlook as the latter supports only PST files. Here, firstly PCV files are converted into MBOX files by means of extraction, and then the MBOX files are further converted into PST files. Once the PST files are created then they are imported into Outlook using Outlook Import/Export Wizard. The automated method is trusted and reliable which can be tested using the free trial demo version.