You’ve been in the business for ages, and you’ve built your web application from scratch (or have used Ruby on Rails as a foundation to build upon). Now that it’s done, you can’t help but think I could use some help with this. But at the same time, you don’t want to get mixed up with low-quality freelancers – so how do you go about finding the dedicated developer that you need? Here are 10 tips that will help you hire the right developer for your project!
1) Look for Apps, Not Prices
- Make sure the agency has experience in the relevant field. Portfolio reviews and references can give you a good idea of their abilities.
- Ask them how they would approach your project specifically. You want to make sure they understand your vision and can execute it properly.
- Find out what kind of team they have in place. You want to make sure there is adequate support and expertise available.
- See if they have any discounts or promotions available. Many agencies offer these for first-time clients or for those with certain project requirements.
- Get a sense of their work process and timeline. This will help you understand how long it will take to get your project completed and whether or not their timeline is realistic.
Read More: 7 Steps to Find a Web Development Company
2) Aim High
You want to make sure you’re hiring the best of the best, so aim high when looking for a dedicated Ruby on Rails developer. Here are 10 tips to help you find and hire the perfect candidate
1) Make sure they have experience with your language or framework – If they don’t know what that is, they can’t do it!
2) Ask them if they have their own laptop – this will save you a lot of money in the long run because now you don’t need to provide one.
3) Ask them if they have worked with similar projects before – this way there’s less training time and more work done!
4) Ask for references from previous clients- this way you can feel confident that your project will be taken care of properly!
5) Follow up with them every day (or every week)- this will show that you’re serious about finding someone who fits your needs and wants.
3) Ask References
- What inspired you to start using Ruby on Rails?
- How long have you been using Ruby on Rails?
- How would you rate your experience with Ruby on Rails?
- Do you have any examples of apps or websites that you’ve built with Ruby on Rails that we can take a look at?
- Are you familiar with MVC conventions and RESTful design principles?
- What are some of the most challenging aspects of working with Ruby on Rails?
4) Be Wary of Too-Good-to-Be-True Offers
There are a lot of companies out there that will promise you the world when it comes to hiring dedicated developers. They’ll say they have the best developers, and the most experience, and can get the job done faster and cheaper than anyone else. But beware of these too-good-to-be-true offers! In many cases, these companies cut corners by using inexperienced or low-quality developers, which can end up costing you more in the long run. Do your research before signing anything. Ask around and do some research online to see what others think about the company you’re considering. You don’t want to find out too late that your developer is not what they seemed at first glance.
5) Don’t Fall in Love
When looking for a dedicated Ruby on Rails developer, you want to find someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in the language and framework. You should also look for someone who is proactive and can take initiative on projects. Additionally, finding a developer who is a good communicator and can work well in a team is important. Furthermore, you want to make sure that the developer you hire is excited about working on your project and is committed to seeing it through to completion. Finally, it is always beneficial to find a developer who is willing to continue learning and keeping up with the latest trends in the industry.
6) What to Look For in a Candidate
When looking for a dedicated Ruby on Rails developer, you want to find someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in the framework. You also want someone who is willing to work with you to create the best possible product. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be able to communicate effectively and be able to work within your budget. Here are 10 tips to help you find the perfect candidate
7) Consider Contract Type and Length
When looking for your next dedicated Ruby on Rails developer, consider these 10 tips:
- Check their experience – Look for developers who have experience with the specific framework you’re using.
- Find out if they’re a good fit for your team – A good developer will be able to work well with the rest of your team, so it’s important to find out if they’re compatible.
- Get referrals from other developers – Ask other developers in your network for referrals and check out online forums for recommendations.
- Check their code quality – Take a look at the code samples provided by the developer to get an idea of their coding style and abilities. Hire Ruby on Rails Development Company for your next Project.
8) What you can do about it if you get stuck with someone unreliable or unsuitable?
When looking for your next dedicated Ruby on Rails developer, keep the following tips in mind:
- Check their website and make sure it is up-to-date and uses the latest technologies.
- Make sure they have a strong online presence and are active in the ruby on Rails community.
- Check their work history to see if they have experience with the type of project you are looking to have developed.
- Make sure they have a good understanding of both front-end and back-end development.
- Ask for references from previous clients and follow up with them to get their feedback.
9) Create your checklist based on the tips above.
- Make sure you have a clear idea of what you want your website or application to do. This will help you articulate your needs to potential developers.
- Look for developers who have experience building similar applications. They will be able to hit the ground running and save you time and money.
- Consider developers who are familiar with the tools and frameworks you want to use. This will again save you time and money as they won’t need to learn anything new.
- Make sure the developer has a good understanding of both front-end and back-end development. A full-stack developer will be able to build your application from start to finish without needing to rely on anyone else.