In the field of construction, metal structures have been used since the middle of the 19th century. But they have become most widespread relatively recently. This is easily explained. Metal constructions are strength, safety, and reliability of the structure allow installation and dismantling without loss of quality.
Steel structures have grown popular for building construction and erection due to their lightweight. Ease of installation, and low material cost. Metal structures are used to build exposition and shopping malls. Residential buildings, warehouses, workshops, commercial, home, and sports facilities, among other things.
Today, this technology is considered one of the most profitable for the construction of any turnkey structures. Since it makes it possible to complete the work as soon as possible. This applies not only to the simplest but also to quite complex objects. Supporting structures, high-rise buildings, workshops, industrial storage, and so on.
Because of its performance features, such as long service life and strength, metal structures are widely employed in the construction of buildings and structures. The advantage of this material is that its installation does not require special equipment or a large number of people. Which reduces the total cost of work.
What determines the cost of the installation of metal structures?
As mentioned above, the construction of this material has certain features that make this technology in demand in the modern market. Metal structures have the following advantages:
- Lightweight compared to similar building materials, which greatly simplifies the process of installation and dismantling.
- The building is constructed in the smallest amount of time possible, and it is completed 2-3 times faster than if regular technology and materials were used.
- Resistant to temperature extremes, moisture, and fire.
- The cost of construction work is reduced by several times, because the installation of metal structures of buildings, and structures, workshops do not require pouring a massive foundation.
- The cost of operating built structures can be reduced by having high thermal insulation properties.
Installation of metal structures.
Because of its mobility, this material is ideal for construction because parts can be transported quickly and easily from one location to another if necessary. They may also be disassembled and reassembled numerous times without inflicting any damage to the object as a whole. In addition, steel structures and prefabricated buildings can be changed, increasing their area and number of floors, without resorting to the cost of resources and time.
Compared to capital construction, the construction of buildings from metal structures is a more profitable alternative. With the help of this technology, it is possible to achieve high quality with minimal investment, while the object being built will have good performance characteristics. These complex metal structures for the construction of industrial buildings and structures are incredibly convenient and useful, especially in situations where it is necessary to fully recoup the money invested in the business, due to the speed of installation and the ability to operate buildings without spending time on finishing work.
Classification of metal constructions.
- Frames for buildings – various columns, beams, ties, trusses, and more.
- Metal structures for the construction of buildings – frames and reinforcing meshes, sheet materials, high-rise buildings, frame houses.
- Sheet structures – membranes and diaphragms, for example, ceilings for high-rise buildings. This also includes trench tanks, and horizontal and isothermal tank structures.
- Supporting structures, various towers, and power line masts are examples of high-rise things.
- Structures used in the field of metallurgy.
- Service – fences, stairs, and platforms.
Metal constructions are frequently coated with specific chemicals or galvanized to protect them against the detrimental effects of natural factors.