There are many errors that users encounter while operating QuickBooks Desktop. Payroll and company file errors are the most common of all. This blog discusses payroll error known as QuickBooks error 15102. It comes along with a warning message, “Error 15102: Failed to reset update.” The major causes of this payroll error are invalid download location and running QuickBooks in the terminal service environment. Jump to the next section of the blog to learn about other causes. Continue reading until the end for solutions and in-depth information on QuickBooks payroll error 15102.
Need immediate resolution for QuickBooks error 15102? We got you. Call us on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for direct and effective guidance
What gives rise to payroll error 15102 in QuickBooks?
- Running QuickBooks without admin permissions is the leading cause of this payroll error.
- Another is downloading QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates in multi-user and terminal service environments.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6175
Best Possible Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks payroll update error 15102
Method 1. Download the newly released QuickBooks product update
- If any company files are open, close them first and then quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Move to the desktop, click the Windows icon to open the Start menu and look for the QuickBooks icon.
- Right-click the icon, select the Run as administrator option and QuickBooks will open, showing up the No Company Open screen.
- Under the Help menu, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and click the Options tab.
- Click Mark All, then Save and move to the Update Now tab.
- Clear previously installed QuickBooks updates by selecting the Reset Update checkbox and then click the Get Updates button.
- Complete the update, restart QuickBooks and install the downloaded update.
Method 2. Check the location of the mapped file in order to fix error 15102
- While on the QuickBooks home page, tap the Ctrl+1 keys to open the Product Information window.
- Under the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop and choose the Options tab.
- Now, check if the information in the Downloaded Location is correct. En özel ve seksi kadınlardan Olgun Ukraynalı Escortlar | İstanbul Escort Bayan sizlerle burada bulusuyor. The drive in Download Location and QuickBooks installation directory should not be the same, if Shared Download is set to Yes. If it is set to No, the directory in Download Location and QuickBooks installation directory should be the same.
- If the location of the mapped file is incorrect, change the state of the location and click Close.
- If the location of the mapped file is correct, remap the drive to a new letter. Close QuickBooks Desktop, remap network drive to a new letter.
- Next, open the company file in QuickBooks using a new mapped drive letter and go to the Help menu.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option and move to the Options menu.
- Make sure the download location is using the mapped drive and select Close.
- Once done, download a new payroll tax table.
Following the troubleshooting methods discussed above will help you deal with QuickBooks error 15102. If you are not able to resolve the error on your own, get help from the QuickBooks technical support team by giving a call on our toll-free number 1-855-856-0042.
Read more: Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed