Knife and Knives
A famous brand Knife and Knives has written this article. If you want to know more about knife cleaning, go to our website knife and knives.
A knife is an indispensable tool in the professional and home kitchen. Therefore, proper cleaning of knives is very important. Not only for hygiene reasons, but it also helps the cut edge look fresher for longer. Thus ensuring cutting accuracy.
Do you know how to clean a knife? In this guide, we will show you how to clean a knife. These tips will come in handy when cleaning professional knives such as household knives, table knives, and kitchen knives.
Knife Cleaning Tips
- Next, we’ll walk you through a bunch of knife cleaning tips, but be sure to check out our article on why knives wear out. So in addition to giving it a new look, you also know what to do to prevent rust.
- Washing the knife immediately after use prevents corrosion of the blade and metal parts.
- Use a neutral soap or detergent to clean the knives.
- Do not use abrasive pads or metal cleaners that can scratch the blade.
- If you are going to wash the knives in the dishwasher, rinse the knives with water before putting them away to remove any stuck-on food.
- Separate knives from other eating utensils when you plan to wash them in the dishwasher.
- If your dishwasher does not have a drawer or tray for washing cutlery. When you put it in the basket, put away the cutlery. Keep the blade or tip up.
- It is best to wash knives separately from other cutlery and avoid friction as much as possible. Therefore, it is recommended to keep several knives in one place in a case or knife basket.
- Do not leave the knife in water for long periods of time.
- After cleaning, wipe the knife with a soft, damp cloth. Make sure to let it dry completely.
How To Clean a Blade
In addition to reviewing the previous tips on how to clean knives, be aware that blades require special care between batches. If we primarily want to avoid corrosion.
If the blade starts to rust or show signs of wear, we should use a metal cleaner. Another option for cleaning the blade is to moisten a cotton swab with a few drops of oil and gently rub the blade. In the direction of the polishing
If the rust could not be removed in this way, it was necessary to soak the knife in oil for several days and after 3-4 days it was possible to scrape the rust off the blade. Be careful not to scratch or damage it.
How To Clean a Knife Handle
If you are interested in cleaning knife handles, here are some simple tips. To clean the knife handle:
- If the handle of a knife has metal parts to be cleaned, these parts should be cleaned in the same way as the blade.
- If the knife handle is copper, you can gently clean it with some vinegar on a cotton swab.
- A clean knife with a wooden handle will be the perfect partner for flaxseed oil. Apply linseed oil to the wool and rub it with the wooden handle of the knife.
- Knives with plastic handles are easy to clean in the dishwasher.
How To Wash Knives Properly
Many customers complain that their knives are dull or have some wear. For those thinking about cleaning knives, remember the tips above on how to clean knives. These tips will help you keep your knife looking new.
If you still have questions, we invite you to watch the following video that explains it briefly. How to wash knives properly:
If what you are looking for is a thorough cleaning of your knives. For proper hygiene, a knife disinfectant should be used.
Read More: STORAGE AND PROPER CARE OF CHEF KNIVES